Diapers.com
Excludes existing customers of Diapers.com, AfterSchool.com, YoYo.com or other Quidsi sites. Restrictions apply.
use code: MISH1084
Buy Baby Items at Diapers.com
Home Essentials

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Day 4 of Training and Oh what a weird day it was


Today was a big day for us.  While my mood was running hot and cold, I would have to say my energy was off the rocker. Today was a tracking day and the coolest thing was it was not as cold and I was extremely happy for that.  Tracking today for us was a little different we allowed J to track in his wheelchair which meant he had to be on pavement because of how Sherbert looks for her boy’s body scent she tended to go towards the grassy area to try and regain the scent and know she’s on her proper trail. I was great learning that as Jonathan loves to disappear in his wheelchair.

Getting back to 4 Paws, we went into obedience mode and I loved the fact that Sherbert knows when that wheelchair is coming at her that she has to move out of the way not to be hit and a command does not have to be given to know that her boy is not paying attention.  We worked on the commands we already knew sit, stand, down, and then we added under which is a helpful command because she will go under anything she is able to and simply lay down until she is freed.

The big finale was the mall and the funny thing was how many people knew our pups and how accepting everyone was of her accepts one guy who had to make a remark and I probably should not have but I responded. His remark was more or less just run the dog through the mall and when I looked at him my comment was yep she is going to run on through cause she is a working dog and has that right and kept on walking. I was simply in mommy mode and he was being a smart allack.  Other than her zip lining me through Lens Crafter while the technician fixed my glasses I was truly impressed I hardly had to correct her and she was so happy because people where just simply in awe with her and her pet siblings wanting to pet and say hi.

The cool thing is now that we have gotten past the public access I am able to take her anywhere I go so we can continue to work on her endurance of staying in her command for lengthy time.  The worst part of my day was my reverse going on my car.  I do not know how it happens but I do know I was thankful I found an honest mechanic and was given honest information without a diagnostic fee.

~Truly Blessed,

Misherald "Missy", Jonathan "JB" & Sherbert "SD" Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
~Missy