Diapers.com
Excludes existing customers of Diapers.com, AfterSchool.com, YoYo.com or other Quidsi sites. Restrictions apply.
use code: MISH1084
Buy Baby Items at Diapers.com
Home Essentials

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Saying Thank You That Are Positive In Your Life


Did you know that Thank You are two of the most powerful words a person can tell someone?  Today I was talking with a friend, she made the comment that she noticed how I always said thank you when someone did something for me, and that she appreciated the fact that I still had those manners but she posed a great question to me.  Her question was have you taken the time to thank those people who don’t do anything for you but lead a positive life that it influences you as a person whether it’s their actions, their words, or their compassion. Of course I had never done it because I never saw a reason to because I’ve always perceived it as that persons reputation however she challenged me to thank ten people who have had some sort of positive influence in my life and to thank them personally.  I thought this was weird until I reached out to these individuals (I ended up with fifteen people I personally thanked).  Therefore, here is what I told my friends:

So I was told to tell ten people today thank you if they have been a positive influence in my life sooo with that being said your person #1.... Thank you for being a positive influence on my life and continue to impact me with positive thoughts and experience.

Now here’s what I will say I did tell each person that they were number one and it was a simple reason no one person is better than the other they each have a reason why they are my number one by something that they do in their lives so to me they are all #1s.  I challenge each reader to do this and see what your friend response is. Mine have of course been favorable and probably surprising because it caught them off guard.


"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."

JFK

"The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention."

Oscar Wilde

~ Truly Blessed,
Misherald "Missy" & Jonathan "JB" Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
~Missy