Diapers.com
Excludes existing customers of Diapers.com, AfterSchool.com, YoYo.com or other Quidsi sites. Restrictions apply.
use code: MISH1084
Buy Baby Items at Diapers.com
Home Essentials

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A New Year. A New Me. A New Plan.



2012 is officially over and 2013 is has begun. 


Many people would say settling is not the best way to handle a situation as a matter of fact most would say that settling is simply giving up.  However, the question remains is it wise to settle for a career, a spouse, or simply settling in life all together. Just so, you as a person do not feel alone or as if you are not, accepted?

I will admit for the past seven years I have just been settling for things never realize attempt to overcome issues.  My way of thinking is settling it got the situation handle quickly and effectively but then I began to wonder that if settling was just my way of avoiding instead of really working through things. For example, my love life or really the lack of a love life I have always made the comment about how I sacrifice it with the everyday needs of taking care of Jonathan and that I was more than willing to sacrifice this part of life. For me this was just settling because I was not wanting to deal with rejection or having to defend my time with my son. Was it right to settle maybe not but did I do it for all the right reasons?  There are many things I have simply settle for between the careers I have recently had in the past years to simply get by to simply settling for life as it is instead of attempting to push forward and achieve better things.

I am sure everyone has their whole list of resolutions that they are making and have been planning to do with the New Year. I honestly do not believe in resolutions however, I do plan to reevaluate things in my life and make some changes for the better. This year some of my focuses are my finances, my personal life, as well as increasing my direct sale business.

Now as you, all look into the future I am sure you all have things you want to work on and things you plan on working towards. Therefore, I simply say to attempt to do the best you can towards these goals but remember while things do not always happen overnight that you just have to continue working on them until you get them where you want them. The great thing is all of these changes are going to make a better life for Jonathan, and me, which is always the essence of everything I do.

A few quotes for 2013…

Your success & happiness lies in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.         
 ~Helen Keller

Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.                               
 ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Celebrate what you want to see more of.            
~Tom Peters

Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.               
~Brad Paisley

Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.                   
~Oprah Winfrey




A few recommendations if you are interested on working on making your life better:
Finances: Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey 
The workbook is also a great tool to use as well...


Personal Life: It’s Complicated (But Doesn’t Have to be) by Paul C Brunson

Motivation For A Better Tomorrow: Today Matters 12 Daily Practices to Guarantee Tomorrow’s Success by John C Maxwell



~Truly Blessed,

Misherald "Missy" & Jonathan "JB" Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
~Missy