Diapers.com
Excludes existing customers of Diapers.com, AfterSchool.com, YoYo.com or other Quidsi sites. Restrictions apply.
use code: MISH1084
Buy Baby Items at Diapers.com
Home Essentials

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Living On A Budget...


When 2013 started I had the mindset that I was going to be more financial concise. For me that meant budgeting everything down to the dollar because I was changing my lifestyle by making the change. Gone were the days of spending $650.00 a month on fast food and restaurants to spending $150.00 in the grocery store and cooking almost daily. I no longer shopped on a splurge but instead I planned. If I wanted a pair of shoes, they had to be within the budget or they were not being purchased. No longer am I watching the checking account like a hawk trying to remember if I swiped the card somewhere and the account is going to be over drafted before the next payday.

How might I be doing this you may ask?

When I pay my tithes, I pay them directly off top before anything else is paid because it is setting the pace for a better monetary opportunity.God gives instructions on how Israel should sanctify the tithe before they can ask for a blessing. Deuteronomy 26:12-15 (NIV) 

Dave Ramsey’s budgeting sheets are very valuable tools. He has a monthly and a weekly sheet that helps you budget everything out and lets you see your finances.  As well as where your money is going at a glance. It also helps you budget to zero. Therefore, it does not leave you with all the numbers that does not match your income. It makes you make decisions on how to spend your money.

Now I am concise of brands I do not think this is a habit I will break. Therefore, I take it in stride and I buy things that can easily be combined in various combinations to make a meal. I also try to buy with a sale to help reduce the cost or to make the difference if you have a grocery store who allows you to earn points towards gas this is also is very helpful with gas being over $3.00. I often use Southern Savers to look and see what sales are going on and get a good idea of how to use my coupons. My myth that coupons was for older ladies quickly went out the door. 

I have also started participating in the 52 Week Money Challenge which I spoke about on January 3, 2013 and I have placed that in a high yielding interest savings account to be able to achieve more than just the final outcome on week 52.

So as you can see my family and I are determine to regain financial control of our lives to begin living more freely and enjoyably. We wish you the best on this venture and would love to hear how you succeed.
~Truly Blessed,


Misherald "Missy" & Jonathan "JB" Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
~Missy